Online Registration of Non-Transport Vehicles
(initiation of Punjab State Road Safety Council (PSRSC) for transport Department)
Web Portal for “Online Registration of Non-Transport Vehicles” is an initiation of Punjab State Road Safety Council (PSRSC) for Transport Department for providing online registration of non- Transport vehicles on first sale in the State of Punjab by empowering the Dealers as Registering Authority.
This will facilitate the dealers to act as Registration Authority. However dealer shall be authorized to do registration of non-transport vehicles only on first sale, for vehicles sold by him and manufactured only by the manufacturer whose dealership he holds. The dealer is only authorized to register the make/category/class of vehicles for which he is empowered by the State Government.
In this project plan, the dealers will be issued the Trade Certificates by the State Transport Department, which will be renewed from time to time. No dealer will be allowed to do registration without Trade Certificates. Transport Department has the right to cancel the trade certificate of any dealer at any point of time.
Developed and proposed to be implemented for Transport Department
Objective of the proposed system
- Issue of Paper based RC to purchaser of vehicle along with vehicle on the day of purchase.
- Citizen will not be required to visit DTO Office to get RC resulting in save of time of citizens.
- Elimination of issuing Temporary Registration Numbers.
- Creation of Online database of all documents without any additional cost to Govt.
- Bring Transparency & Efficiency in the system.
- Elimination of agents.
- Automatic reconciliation of Payments Received.
Front End Tool: Visual studio 2008 (3.5 Framework support)
Database: MS-SQL 2008
Reports: Web based report generation
Browser support: IE 6 and above, Mozilla Firefox
Designed and developed by C-DAC Mohali