ePrahari is RFID based File Tracking System developed by C-DAC, Mohali to control and manage File System. It centrally manages; what document you have, where they are, who uses them, and all access history associated to the document. ePRAHARI is a comprehensive document tracking system with extensive Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technologies and functions.
ePrahari can be used as a way to improve the management of important documents and files in industries like banking, insurance, medical, legal, and government where the loss of such files can cause severe problems. RFID is the right technology of choice to implement document tracking. No line of sight required as detection can go through the document. Document information such as who is the last person who holds the document can be stored. Information such as actual location of the document, date and time when the document is processed/ loaned/ borrowed and others can be stored in the RFID middleware.
ePrahari is consisting of RFID Tracker\Reader device and a middleware developed to cater the need of the tracking system.
How ePrahari works
- Files are placed in Box type container which is uniquely identified by 125 KHz RFID tags. Tag`s UID is stored in the middleware along with the details of file and Box container.
- Tracking is activated using search string related to file and its UID is loaded in the handheld RFID tracker device with indication Row and column index of Box location.
- Handheld Tracker device is taken to concern row of the box and long beep indication is given by device if match is found.
- Event log is created showing file issuing time stamp.
- File can be easily located at any time
- Status tracking of documents
- Audit trail reports are available to show the track of the document
- Fast archival procedures allow for easy recall of documents sent to archives
- Huge reduction in downtime searching for documents. Password protection on database and multi level user access to database
- Alert appropriate personnel to situations requiring attention
- Developed around 125 KHz RFID technology
- Reader Reading Range 8cm
- Supports 64 Bit Manchester Encoded Tags
- Based on 8 bit microcontroller AT89C2051
- LED indication for various event \alerts
- 512K serial memory
- Max Current Consumption:300mA
- Operating Temperature:-20 +65° C
- Serial Interface Format:9600Baud, No Parity, 8 Data bits,1 Stop bit
- Power Supply: 9V DC ( ± 5 %), battery backup available