Sanjeevani Blood Bank Management System
Sanjeevani Blood Bank Management System (BBMS) is a browser based solution that is designed to store, process, retrieve and analyze information concerned with the administrative, inventory management and clinical aspects of providing services within a blood bank. C-DAC Mohali has developed BBMS to empower blood bank administrators, blood bank staff, and the donors.
Features of Blood Bank Management System:
- Comprehensive administrative and business process module
- Donor Management such as Donor Registration, Managing donor database, recording their physical and medical statistics defined as per NACO standards
- Web donor registration and walk-in donor registration
- Donation screening for physical and medical fitness before blood donation on guidelines issued by NACO
- Employee database management
- Traceability of the donor in case of emergency requirement
- Production /Processing of the whole blood and the blood components in and out of blood bank
- Dynamic definition of blood components, separation and processing types (Red Cell/HLA/Platelet)
- Inventory management in blood bank for purchase and storage of blood and blood components
- Blood Unit and blood component tracking
- Dispatch of whole blood and blood components
- Blood Unit Issue
- Blood issue to organizations/external storage centers/ NGO’s
- Blood Reservation / De-reservation
- Recipient Cross-Matching of whole blood before issuing the blood
- Transfusion checklist before issue of blood to declare a disclaimer
- Transfusion of whole blood and blood component management
- Current & Expiring Stock Alerts & Queries
- Analysis statistics of inventory
- Management reports for analyzing the daily performance in blood bank
- Equipment interfacing like Bar code machine
- Lab screening tests for preserving the records of blood bags for future use
- Infected blood discard management
- Integral with HIMS Laboratory system
- Compatible with NACO standards
- Blood unit and Blood Component Billing
- Blood donation camp management
- Donor Registration: BBMS allows the application users to store the donor details in the application itself. As soon as a donor is registered with the application a unique identification number is assigned to him automatically which remains same throughout the life time of donor. Any subsequent donations made by the same donor automatically got linked up with the same identification number. System allows the donors to register themselves with the application either online or by walking in to any place where the application has been deployed. They can choose the donation date while registering with the application the records of which can be retrieved any time later on by the personals in the blood bank.
- Donor physical and medical details: System allows the user to store physical and medical details of the donor at the time of the registration which could later on be edited during the time of subsequent donations. Application also allows the users to check the eligibility criteria of the donors for making donations, depending on which a track of blacklisted or the deferred donors can be kept for the future referrals. These all checks and the medical details are in accordance with the standards issued by the NACO.
- TTI screening and Inventory management: BBMS provides its users to organize and manage the inventory (Blood bags inventory, blood component inventory etc.) for their blood bank. System allows the users to store bleeding date, bleeding volume etc. at the time of collection of blood which can be utilized for processing the blood present in the bank. User can store the records for blood bags present in the bank, the blood components created and imported in the bank. Every single unit/component will be assigned a unique ID for which Bar code can be generated and can be pasted on the bags itself for later on identification. System allows the user to specify the location of the blood bags and another type of inventory to enable the easy retrieval. The end user is able to store the blood in quarantine till the time it has passed the TTI screening as per specified standards issued by NACO. After which the blood which has passed the tests will be moved to inventory with their unique identification numbers and the rejected blood will be processed to the discard samples for which the reports can be generated any time later on.
- Blood requisition and Cross matching: BBMS allows the user to request for blood and blood transfusion for which the cross matching using the appropriate technique can be carried out and the results can further be processed and analyzed by the experts to issue the blood. Also various reports for blood requisition and the cross matching can be generated at run time.
- Secured environment and login facility: System provides the users a secured environment to work inside the application by accepting the log in ID’s and passwords from the users. Also working in the application empowers the user to share data and other information in encrypted format for which various effective techniques have been utilized in the application itself.
- No installation: As it is a web application, it prevents users from any kind of hindrances faced during installation or up-gradation of application. User simply needs a browser to access the application.
- Report generation: Various comprehensive reports can be generated any time by the end user to measure the performance parameters in the blood bank and also to analyses the inventory and other aspects in blood bank.
- Interfacing with equipments: The facility to use Bar code machine in the application itself enhances the efficiency of the users and also reduces any chances of errors in the smooth functioning of blood bank.